By: Jackie Warner
I listened so intently on each word that was spoken, for I knew it was all from the heart — women from all walks of life and backgrounds sitting in the room sharing what we all have in common — our health!
The seminar was almost over, and then came one more presenter, she was a nurse and she gave us the simplest but most vital advice. She said “Listen to your body.” Stop and just listen to what your body tells you. It tells us what we need to hear but we tend to ignore the calls. We go to the doctor and expect a miracle or the ultimate cure. No one else can hear or feel what we do.
When we listen, our bodies have a way of telling us what we need more or less of:
▪ Check in with yourself often. Start with faith and prayer for your health and wellness life journey.
▪ Keep a journal – Write it down…date…who…what…when…how…
▪ Don’t avoid or tune out the warning signs.
▪ Exercise your body and your mind. Move from your current physical and mental state.
▪ Be still.
▪ Observe…Look at yourself with intention.
▪ When eating, ask yourself, “Will this food nourish, sustain, or exhaust me?” Eat clean, natural, and
▪ Think about what you need, not what you want.
▪ Trust your gut and intuition.
Until Next Time, Be Sincere, Kind and Intentional
Jackie Warner, Community
Check out upcoming events: http://thebridge-us.yolasite.com/